Peak Performance & Security
Does sluggish system performance have you searching for causes in all directions? Many companies take the route of buying new hardware or pointing to the applications, but the management of the SQL Server is often the overlooked culprit. SQL Server is typically the most important server in any environment as it stores and serves data to almost everyone in the organization. The challenge for most organizations is that their IT departments do not have SQL expertise or the budget to properly manage and optimize SQL Server.
OET Advisors™ understands these realities and offers affordable services that leverage our senior Database Administrators and System Engineers to overcome this challenge. We ensure your SQL Server investment is running optimally through baseline health checks, setting up and monitoring regular automated maintenance jobs, and monthly patch reviews.
OET Advisors’ SQL Services
- SQL Server Baseline – Run a series of queries to get a baseline of server settings, temp file configuration, Service Pack/Version support issues, and index fragmentation initial settings.
- SQL Server Security review – Account settings
- Review/Setup SQL Server Maintenance – Index rebuilds/tuning/de-fragmenting/recompile objects, plus project-specific services.
- Performance Study – Collect trace information over time to identify long-running queries, give results, make recommendations, and implement changes.
- Performance Summary – 3-4 times per month, run a light trace and analyze results for optimal performance.
- Review VMWare Settings – to optimize for SQL server.
- Upgrade SQL Server – As Microsoft releases new versions of SQL Server, older versions are queued for de-support. We help companies stay current with critical patches and security updates.