Is Your Outdated Microsoft Software Putting Your Data At Risk?
Microsoft Windows 7 and SQL Server 2008 End-of-Life Is Here, Act Now.
Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2008 R2 and Windows Server 2008/ 2008 R2 ended July 9, 2019 and January 14 2020 respectively with support for Windows 7 ending on January 14, 2020. These dates signaled the end of regular patches and security updates for any new viruses or security problems. As a result, this leaves all systems and data exposed and vulnerable to new and emerging security threats.
Unfortunately, many business leaders are left unaware of the serious implications of Microsoft Windows 7, SQL Server support ending. These implications include but aren’t limited to,
- Damaged Business Profits
- Privacy Breaches
- Impaired Company Reputation
- Unprotected Network Infrastructure
- Wrecked Data Applications
Turn Windows 7 End of Life Support into Strategic Advantage
End of support absolutely requires action, but that action can build for the future. While there is still time, companies have the opportunity to take their existing infrastructure and software landscapes and develop a strategic technology plan with the help of our Microsoft experts at Outer Edge Technology. Taking a proactive approach to end of life support will best determine the next best phase of your business technology journey. There are three steps to our process.
- Discovery: Through discovery of existing data sources of applications, dependencies are uncovered and documented.
- Assessment: This identifies the status of the systems identified during discovery, in terms of their compatibility with infrastructure and the current versions of SQL and Windows servers.
- Roadmap Development: With a solid understanding of the current technology landscape, the most important phase can begin.
How will technology support the strategic vision of your company moving forward? That’s where the windows support experts at Outer Edge Technology shine. Our managed IT services professionals expertly guide you through the technology journey process and end of support for Windows 7 into your company’s competitive advantage.